Thursday, November 16, 2006

To Boldly go....

I've decided that I need a little project. I deliberated on this for awhile and then realized what that project needed to be.
YES, the starship Enterprise. I had one of these when I was a kid that I hastily threw it together. It eventually got broken...I don't exactly remember how, but repairing it didn't go so well. The version I had as a child was around 3 times larger than this version. How small is this version? Well, take a look at the next pic.

No, the spoon isn't part of the kit...it's simply there to show the scale of the model. The thing is pretty damned small, and it's only a snap together version. That being said however, it is also regarded as the most accurate Enterprise model currently available. I will have to add a lot of details myself, windows drilled out, and seams filled with putty...etc, but for $15...this is one sweet little model. :) For some reason, building this thing still fills me with a kind of giddiness that is usually reserved for kids. I'm really looking forward to taking my time on this and making it as accurate as possible. I guess that's my geek speech for now.

As work progresses, I'll post screen shot. Not that anyone is interested, but it's something I'm passionate about. You'll just have to bear with me. :)

2 comments:

Ash D said...

Hey models are cool as hell. Especially space craft models. Have fun making it!

PS: the "word verification" i have to type, in order to post this comment spells: kkholes

That's funny.

Tay said...

That is so cool! I just love the retro box!